The five people chosen for this must reconsider everything they thought they knew about mana, even as they learn to trust one another’s abilities. They must embrace everything they never wanted in order to prevent the devastation of their world. One of them will be forever changed. Love will be denied, badassery will be unleashed, and Terath will never be the same.
Even success comes at a price.
Very cool cover---I love swords! Sci-Fi/Fantasy is one of my favorite genres. Can't wait until MARCH 25th when Seeking Sorrow is available on Amazon.com! You can check it out now on Amazon.com by clicking the cover above:)
Today I welcome author Zen DiPietro to share 5 secrets behind
There’s a story behind every novel. Lots of them, actually. Writing a book is such a fascinating tapestry of inspiring events, personal history, and imaginings. I’ve put together five of my favorite bits of behind-the-scenes trivia to share about the first book in my Guardians of Terath Series, Seeking Sorrow.
1) The entire book started with the battle scene on the ridge and the first time Arc and Kassimeigh met. I saw these scenes over and over in my head, and developed the rest of the book around them. I wrote the book in linear order, so when those scenes came up, I wrote them with my heart pounding.
2) The justice’s childhood recollection of getting back at a bully was inspired by my own real-life events.
3) Netty was my own doll when I was a girl. She had a ketchup stain on her foot because I often held her even when I ate. Drove my mom nuts.
4) In my head, Kassimeigh’s theme song is Godsmack’s “I Stand Alone” from the Scorpion King soundtrack.
5) One of my characters was inspired in part by a Star Trek captain (with some big changes, of course). (If you read the book and guess which character, and which captain, hop over to my blog and let me know. I’ll want to recognize you for your cleverness!)
Here's a little bit on Zen:
Zen DiPietro is a lifelong bookworm, a fantasy/sci-fi writer, a dancer, and a mom of two. Also red-haired, left-handed, and a vegetarian geek. Absolutely terrible at conforming. Particular loves include indomitable heroines, Star Trek, British accents, baba ganoush, and the smell of Band-Aids. Writing reviews, author interviews, and fun stuff at her website.
Very active on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
To connect with Zen click on your favorite social media.
Website Twitter Pinterest Facebook Goodreads
Don't forget to grab your copy of
Seeking Sorrow (Guardians of Terath Book One)
on March 25th!